Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Night Before the C Word

Before all this begins, let me inform everyone that this is not Heather, but her loving Husband. I told her that I wanted to post from the perspective of the man, the father, the husband, the one that most of you talk about but never let on here. So, as a warning, this may be more masculine than most are use to, just grab a cold drink, have a seat and enjoy the ride. Twas the night before the C-Section, ah yes, it has finally come, the day of the year that we have all been waiting for. Well, at least those of us in the Abston clan. Looking back to March when I though my lovely wife was just showing her affection to her newly promoted hubby, I am now able to see that she was laying the ground work to her sinister plan, and once again , feeling used, I find I am just a pawn in this game. It has been a pretty good pregnancy, and I'm not just saying that because I'm the guy. The only thing that I can't seem to get Heather to understand is that I love her being pregnant. I don't mean that I would like to keep her like that constantly, just that pregnant women are beautiful and sexy. Now, before all of you think I'm some kind of freak, its not like I stand outside windows peeping in at pregnant women. It's a bunch of thing all rolled into one: you are carrying something that we made together, it is a little piece of perfection that has the best and the worst of both of us, it's another little mouth to say the word "Daddy", the rolling over, the walking, and yes all the diapers and spitting up and all that, but you look past it because this child is a symbol of our love, and that is beautiful, and that makes you beautiful. Now to the sexy part. Most women talk of the pregnancy glow. Let me tell you, guys don't see glow, crap, most of us are color blind. If we can't see colors how are we supposed to see a glow (side note- I am not colorblind, they test us for that). When you throw all the beautiful stuff in with the shapely body of a pregnant woman, you can't help but find her sexy. Plus, you have to figure that at some point she had a wild night that got her into this situation. Once again, remind yourself that this is a guy talking, don't worry, you'll make it through it. I also know that with pregnancy comes nesting. Nesting is awesome, the house is so clean that you could.... well, its just clean. I have been waiting for the nesting to kick in, and waiting, and waiting. Two days before the c-section my wonderful wife begins to nest, cleans the entire house to the point of almost dropping the baby out a few times, and I miss it cause I'm at work. I think this is another part of her sinister plan, just because she knows I've been waiting. Well, I guess I need to head to the bed, we have to be at the hospital at 5. Wait, that's another thing, 5 in the morning, at a catholic hospital. I know some catholics, they don't do anything at 5 in the morning, why in the world do we have to be there if they ain't gonna be there. I mean this is the same place that babies come from; ANNOUNCEMENT- he's been in there for 9 months, I think he can wait till 7:30. Who am I kidding, I probably won't sleep tonight anyway. OK, I have ranted long enough. In closing I would like to leave a little message to my beautiful and sexy wife; thank you. Thank you for who you are, and for what you have helped make me, and for making my two wonderful little boys. You are the greatest Wife, Lover, Friend, and Mother to my sons, and I thank God everyday for you. I know that we can conquer anything as long as we have each other. I love you more each day, and when I'm with you, forever is never that far away. I love you Baby.

5 comments:

  1. Too funny David - loved hearing it from a man's point of view. Wishing you all the very best of luck today! I know you all are so excited to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww this was so sweet and funny :-) My wonderful cousin is so lucky to have you!

    Congratulations on Eli!! He is so beautiful! Give Luke and Eli and Heather a kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Luke would say, "I cry". This was so sweet. Love you all and Eli, is beautiful. I was thrilled to share this morning with you all. Love Deb

    ReplyDelete