Thursday, December 30, 2010

Flat Ironed at Age 5!


Let me preface this with Luke HATES his curly hair. I, personally, think it is adorable and just goes with his bubbly personality. His hair gets the attention of everyone we meet whether in a restaurant or Walmart. Older women especially love to tell him how gorgeous his hair is and how they would love to have hair like his. He gets so frustrated by these comments. It doesn't help the situation any that no one in his class has curly hair except him. Now that I've brought you up to speed let me tell you about the title "Flat Ironed At Age 5!"

We took Luke to get a hair cut and he asked the hairstylist if she would make his hair straight. She said that if Mommy said it was okay she would do it. I told her it was fine. We had just left the doctor's office where Luke had received 5 (YES, I SAID 5!!) SHOTS. 4 were his boosters for his blue form and then the flu shot. If my baby wanted straight hair and it would help his feelings and his boo-boo's then give that boy straight hair. Tori, proceeded to flat iron Luke's hair. I got tickled thinking what 5 year old gets their hair flat iron. When she was through I felt like I was looking at Justin Bieber's younger brother - LOL!!! Luke LOVED his hair. Honestly, I think he enjoyed his hair more than anything he received for Christmas. He even asked if we could wait to wash his hair so that everyone at school could see his straight hair. Unfortuntaly, school was closed for Christmas holidays so we have had to wash his hair :(

I had to take a picture to capture this day of straight hair. After I took the picture I realized how much he looks like his daddy. I always knew he looked like David but with straight hair the resemblence was unreal. Below is a picture of David. I know there is another picture somewhere (but I can't locate it) of David that looks even more like Luke. But you can still see the resemblence in the picture below.



Do you think they look alike??? Let me know what you think - leave me a comment...

6 comments:

  1. They look identical!! But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his curly hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having flash backs. He is "Little David". Tell Luke, I love his curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And yes, they look just alike!
    I love his curls (I am actually jealous of them ;D) but I understand. When I was younger, people used to tell me that I had the prettiest eyelashes and I hated it. So... one day, I cut them. I believe they grew back longer and thicker. I am thankful the girls got my eyelashes now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way when I was young but now LOVE my curls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so cute (straight and curly)!! David definitely cannot deny him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute (curly or straight)!! David definitely cannot deny him.

    ReplyDelete