Friday, June 19, 2009

SNAKE!!!!!!!!

Yes, I saw snake yesterday at our house. This snake wasn't just sunning out in the yard (as if that makes any difference whatsoever..it's still a SNAKE) it was curled right up next to where you step off my front porch. As a matter of fact had it not been for my family visiting and walking toward the front porch Luke and I would have stepped right over it or...even worse..on top of it!

In the commotion of getting everyone safely inside I was only able to catch a glimpse of the snake. It was black and about as round as a half-dollar! Based on my knowledge (ha!) of snakes...I'm saying it was a king snake or rat snake which I understand are not poisionous (okay so that makes the situation a little better!) However, the fact the snake doesn't appear to be a poisionous one is negated by the fact it is still alive and roaming free this very minute in my yard and neighborhood - YES, THE SNAKE GOT AWAY!

I'm sure all of the women are wondering what my manly firefighter hubby was doing during all of this??? He was AT WORK! David is always at work when there is some sort of crisis - it never fails. Before I realized the snake was "in the wind", I called David to ask if we owned a hoe (yep, I was going to kill this snake and defend my family... well, maybe if my nerve held out) Not only was David at work.. he informed me we do not own a hoe - no hubby no hoe!

All of this to say....during this hot weather, please watch out for snakes and ladies when registering for wedding gifts please add a "hoe" to the registry, hindsight is 20/20.

3 comments:

  1. Snakes FREAK me out!! I'd be afraid to go outside or let Emma go outside if I saw one here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am totally freaking out. I would have proably took off running and been at the Galleria, before I stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I am so scared of snakes! Thankfully I have not seen one yet while I am picking our blackberries.

    ReplyDelete